DBAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan DBAG website

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

cod4 custom config

Go down 
+3
Hyper Sniper
UberInsane
Hypnotoad
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Hypnotoad

cod4 custom config Empty
PostSubject: cod4 custom config   cod4 custom config EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm

This custom config will help everyone, especially those with crappy graphics cards. I customized it from Yitch's high fps config, so he deserves most of the credit.

1) BACK UP YOUR PROFILE!! you can find it here:
C:\Program Files \Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles

2) EDIT i cant host the file anymore so if you want it, get it from someone who already has it.

3) To open it you'll need notepad++, if you don't have it get it here:
http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm

4) Copy and paste everything from my file into yours. If you don't want to have to reset all your keys/binds, don't copy or paste over anything that starts with 'bind', they are all at the top. Your config file is named config_mp.cfg and located here (replace 'test' with your profile name):
C:\Program Files \Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\test

5) Open the game. Reset your name, it will have changed to 'test'. Set your resolution as high as you can without loosing game performance. Your sensitivity has changed (mostly likely it got lower). Reset it if you want but remember, lower sensitivity means smoother and more precise aiming, especially at long range.

**DO NOT change any graphics setting that has nothing written next to it, such as 'model detail' and 'anti-aliasing'**

6) This file changes some things other than graphics. It changes some network settings that should reduce lag slightly. It also shows your FPS and lagometer. FPS is the number in the upper right and is useful to know (i get abotu 150-250). The lagometer is that box in the lower right that graphs things you don't care about, if you want to get rid of it type this into the console "/seta cg-drawlagometer 0" without the quotes.

This should improve your performance no matter how good your computer is, it also makes it MUCH easier to see people. You'll notice that grass doesn't appear more than 5 feet in front of you.

Last edited by Hypnotoad on Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
UberInsane

UberInsane

cod4 custom config Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod4 custom config   cod4 custom config EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 8:49 pm

I can't get it to work. I still see grass and no fps indicator.

It hasn't changed any of my key binds either.
Back to top Go down
Hypnotoad

cod4 custom config Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod4 custom config   cod4 custom config EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 9:15 pm

did you save the file after you pasted my stuff in?
Back to top Go down
UberInsane

UberInsane

cod4 custom config Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod4 custom config   cod4 custom config EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 2:22 pm

Yes. The config was saved. I just triple checked to make sure. I even tried restarting my computer and none of my settings changed. I have only 1 profile. I am using Windows 7 x64, but I don't think that's the problem.
Back to top Go down
Hyper Sniper

Hyper Sniper

cod4 custom config Empty
PostSubject: Wha?   cod4 custom config EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 2:42 pm

What is it supposed to do? And I have a great graphics card, so do I need it?
Back to top Go down
UberInsane

UberInsane

cod4 custom config Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod4 custom config   cod4 custom config EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 2:48 pm

This makes opponents easier to see as well as improving fps.
Back to top Go down
Hypnotoad

cod4 custom config Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod4 custom config   cod4 custom config EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 3:16 pm

this will help no matter how good your graphics card is, mine runes the game just fine on all max graphics and i still use this. the file that used to be up there was a config made by kzn sin (helped him out by posting it up there). mine is up there now, they are basically the same, if there are any differences they don't deal with graphics.

if your having trouble hit me up on xfire dbaghypnotoad
Back to top Go down
UberInsane

UberInsane

cod4 custom config Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod4 custom config   cod4 custom config EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 7:57 pm

I got it working. My profiles were being saved in a weird location in Windows 7. Not in the program files.
Back to top Go down
Hypnotoad

cod4 custom config Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod4 custom config   cod4 custom config EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 8:09 pm

windows 7 has some weird anti illegal file sharing stuff in it, that might mess with the game files. or it might just have a whole different way of storing the files...fucking microsoft. anyway, lemme know how you like it.

forgot to mention that it increased your field of view. default is 65 degrees, this makes it 80 (the max) so you can see a little more on the sides of you screen.
Back to top Go down
Gooch_619

Gooch_619

cod4 custom config Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod4 custom config   cod4 custom config EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 8:13 pm

seems pretty cool, didnt change much for me, already had most of that stuff set as low as it can go, but the fps thing is cool, tried it out for a few games and no wonder im so shitty, my fps was between 30-48 the entire time hahaha i really need that new pc
Back to top Go down
Hypnotoad

cod4 custom config Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod4 custom config   cod4 custom config EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 12:10 am

forgot about this (thanks dan for reminding me) LEAVE IT FOR MULTI GRAPHICS CARDS, for some reason you will get slightly better fps, even if you only have 1...
Back to top Go down
Gooch_619

Gooch_619

cod4 custom config Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod4 custom config   cod4 custom config EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 12:20 am

thats weird, it was et for dual cards when i did it but since my cards so shitty it was fuckin everything up and i was laggin worse than shit and graphics were like fading but when i set it to one it seemed to work great
Back to top Go down
Hypnotoad

cod4 custom config Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod4 custom config   cod4 custom config EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 11:06 am

... this trick worked for my brother, he has my old nvidia 6600 256. with this config and slight overclocking he is getting 45-60 fps.
Back to top Go down
UberInsane

UberInsane

cod4 custom config Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod4 custom config   cod4 custom config EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 3:34 pm

Hypnotoad wrote:
windows 7 has some weird anti illegal file sharing stuff in it, that might mess with the game files. or it might just have a whole different way of storing the files...fucking microsoft. anyway, lemme know how you like it.

forgot to mention that it increased your field of view. default is 65 degrees, this makes it 80 (the max) so you can see a little more on the sides of you screen.

I don't think it had anything to do with illegal filesharing stuff. It was being saved in C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles.

This config probably does give an advantage, but the game looks pretty ugly. Is there any way to improve textures but still keep the increased FOV and less grass?
Back to top Go down
Hypnotoad

cod4 custom config Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod4 custom config   cod4 custom config EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 4:13 pm

yeah that would just be microsoft changing everything around for no reason again.

As for the textures, yes. Under the graphics tab in options you will see another tab for textures. You can change the textures to whatever you want, if you increase them it will lower your fps and make it harder to see through the grass (and trees) that are already there, but it will not adversely effect anything else.
Back to top Go down
UberInsane

UberInsane

cod4 custom config Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod4 custom config   cod4 custom config EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 4:33 pm

I upped the texture quality and the game is totally playable now. Thanks Hypnotoad! One of my favorites is probably the smaller objective icons. I hated when those giant triangles would block people out.
Back to top Go down
Hypnotoad

cod4 custom config Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod4 custom config   cod4 custom config EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 4:46 pm

ya thats useful, i also decreased the size of the green triangles and red dots on the uav map, it was too cluttered for my taste.
Back to top Go down
Gooch_619

Gooch_619

cod4 custom config Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod4 custom config   cod4 custom config EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:26 pm

yeah im not used to the smaller uav dots anymore, but it makes room for more visibility, so thats good
Back to top Go down
JigenBlack

cod4 custom config Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod4 custom config   cod4 custom config EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 8:24 pm

Sadly with this, I can't run it at 1900x1200 anymore, gives an error sound and just stays black until I hit the ESC key. Oh well 1900x1020 works just fine, looks almost the same.
Back to top Go down
Gooch_619

Gooch_619

cod4 custom config Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod4 custom config   cod4 custom config EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 11:10 pm

1900 by 1200? lol i can barely even run it at 600 by 480
Back to top Go down
UberInsane

UberInsane

cod4 custom config Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod4 custom config   cod4 custom config EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 2:25 pm

I was running at all high settings @ 1920x1200 on my Oc'ed 8800gts 512 before this config, but this makes it even smoother. Smile
Back to top Go down
Engell89

cod4 custom config Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod4 custom config   cod4 custom config EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 9:59 am

UberInsane wrote:
I got it working. My profiles were being saved in a weird location in Windows 7. Not in the program files.

Hi, where did u find your profiles? One of my friends have the same problem, his profiles are not saved in the activition folder, so he can't get his profile when he wants to update from 1.6 to 1.7.
Back to top Go down
Gooch_619

Gooch_619

cod4 custom config Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod4 custom config   cod4 custom config EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 4:03 am

[quote="UberInsane"]
Hypnotoad wrote:

I don't think it had anything to do with illegal filesharing stuff. It was being saved in C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles.

This config probably does give an advantage, but the game looks pretty ugly. Is there any way to improve textures but still keep the increased FOV and less grass?

this is where he found it engell
Back to top Go down
JigenBlack

cod4 custom config Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod4 custom config   cod4 custom config EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 3:27 pm

Engell89 wrote:
UberInsane wrote:

Hi, where did u find your profiles? One of my friends have the same problem, his profiles are not saved in the activition folder, so he can't get his profile when he wants to update from 1.6 to 1.7.

--Edit: Sorry I guess you're using Windows 7? If so just ignore this post. :/

Dude, sup Engell, haven't seen you in awhile. Anyways I had the same problem you did, you're using Vista I'd assume, and you won't be able to find it in the folder. It's actually somewhat hidden for some odd reason. When you're in Windows Explorer in the CoD4 Folder, up at the top of that window you will see something that says Compatibility Folders. Click that then you will be able to see the profiles that you have. I don't know why Vista hides them like that, it's weird. IF you still can't them, repost and I should be able to post a screen shot for you (Not been at my regular computer all week, Spring Break baby hahaha).
Back to top Go down
w00kie

cod4 custom config Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod4 custom config   cod4 custom config EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 8:30 pm

Vista mine was under

C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\grumpyw00kie/config_mp.cfg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

cod4 custom config Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod4 custom config   cod4 custom config Empty

Back to top Go down

cod4 custom config
Page 1 of 1